Saturday 15 January 2011

Give me an idea...

I just hit 34,500 posts on the RPGnet forum. (In my defence, it's been running for nine years. And that includes play-by-post games.)

This is the post in question, 13 in 1001 Things to Find After the Fantasy Apocalypse.

"Animated skeletons. Who can talk in eerie whispery voices, and remember the apocalypse in greater detail than anyone alive, and are quietly working to prevent it happening again."

Which I rather like. It's really creepy yet at the same time oddly encouraging.

I love these jam sessions in general, of course - people throwing out adventure hooks, visuals, leitmotifs and jokes. My favourite run was Iron Roleplayer where everybody got one ingredient like "Skeletons" or "Cats" or in one case "Rain" and had to make adventure hooks for it. I came up with Adventure! and Buffy ideas for just about all of them, and used the odd one here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment