Thursday 23 April 2015

Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Avengers: Age Of Ultron left me giddy, and also exhausted. The shawarma scene at the end of the first film? That was me. I ate and went to bed and then got up again to talk about it. My thoughts, which I can safely predict are going to be a bit rambling:

The Avengers are shown being awesome from the get-go - complete with one of those massive fight scenes in one shot that made a standout moment in the first film, lots of fun banter, and honestly if the film had just been the pre-credits sequence I would still have been pretty happy.

Hawkeye gets to ask and answer “why is the archer here?” as well as redressing the balance of spending most of the first film mind-controlled.

Lots of Hulk. Scary hulk, funny Hulk, badass Hulk.

“I’m glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan.”

How weird the Vision is - and the Vision is really weird - gets played off neatly by everyone acknowledging how weird the Vision is. He also gets the biggest surprise.

Saving people remains an absolute priority. It’s what gets the twins on side, and establishes that they are, and becomes key to the final battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment